Release Date: August 20, 2015
Please also see
- Console Components for Issue Activity and Suggested Issues related to a Case
- Show Issue Activity, History, and Work Log in Issue Detail related to Salesforce Case
- Auto Issue creation when Case is created
- Map Case fields to corresponding JIRA Issue fields (standard and custom), optionally updating them in Issue when corresponding Case is updated
- Batch synchronization of mapped fields from Case to JIRA
- Send Comments to JIRA Issue via Case Feeds
- A new Salesforce junction object representing Case-Issue relationship that can now be used directly for summary counts, formula fields, workflow rules, and other customizations
- Significant improvements in the installation and configuration steps
- Comments exchanged between Salesforce and JIRA are synced when updated in the originating application
- Capture Issue Creation/Linking actions from Salesforce in Issue Activity (JIRA Server)
- Improvements in supporting many different field types when mapping from Case to Issue (JIRA Server)
- Move field mapping between Case and Issue from JIRA plugin to Salesforce package (JIRA Server)
- Configurable field layout in Related JIRA Issues VF page in Case (JIRA Server)
- Support for larger number of JIRA Projects (>40) available to Support teams for creating Issues.
- Charts/Dashboards in JIRA
Upgrading to Release 1.7 (for JIRA on-premise)
It is strongly advised that all upgrades be first performed in a sandbox environment of both Salesforce and JIRA
The following steps must be followed for upgrading to zAgileConnect 1.6 from prior releases.
- Perform a backup of JIRA active objects data that stores Case-Issue relationship details. This option is available in JIRA plugin admin section.
- Update zAgileConnect JIRA plugin to 1.7 (from Atlassian Marketplace). All previous settings will be retained during this update.
- Upgrade zAgileConnect Salesforce package to 1.7 (from Salesforce AppExchange). The upgrade will retain existing configuration settings.
- Re-authenticate JIRA to Salesforce using OAuth credentials.
- In Salesforce package configuration:
- reauthenticate to JIRA,
- reconfigure default values for JIRA project and isssue type
- reconfigure Case properties to send to JIRA
- configure JIRA issue properties to pull into Salesforce
- select 'Refresh JIRA Issue Data in Salesforce' option to retrieve and cache all Case IDs that have related JIRA issues.
- Review and update other configurations as appropriate.